Rs 90,000 crore Liquidity Injection for DISCOMs
• Revenues of Power Distribution Companies (DISCOMs) have plummeted.
• Unprecedented cash flow problem accentuated by demand reduction
• DISCOM payables to Power Generation and Transmission Companies is currently ~ Rs 94,000 cr
• PFC/REC to infuse liquidity of Rs 90,000 cr to DISCOMs against receivables
• Loans to be given against State guarantees for exclusive purpose of discharging liabilities of Discoms to Gencos.
• Linkage to specific activities/reforms: Digital payments facility by Discoms for consumers, liquidation of outstanding dues of State Governments, Plan to reduce financial and operational losses.
• Central Public Sector Generation Companies shall give rebate to Discoms which shall be passed on to the final consumers (industries)